NEIGHBORHOOD CAPTAIN PROGRAM
Create & Manage your own food drive!
How it works:
- Sign up as a Neighborhood Captain
- Dermer Dreams delivers the Captain their Dermer Dreams donation bags 2 weeks before the food drive.
- The Captain creates the best strategy and distributes the bags to whoever they want, one week before the food drive.
- On the date of the food drive, the student, along with a parent or adult over 18, pick up the donations after and delivers them to the Dermer Dreams drop site.
- Upon delivery, the Captain receives a certificate for 10 Hours of Community Service.
IT'S SO SIMPLE & DOES NOT COST YOU ANYTHING!
It is the Neighborhood Captain's job to manage the program from start to finish.
October 2022 Neighborhood Captain Event
Sign Up Below!
Next New Jersey Drive
Saturday, May 6, 2023
Next Vermont Drive
Saturday, March 25, 2023
Use the ideas below and others you come up with to create the best strategy to collect as much food as possible.
- GIVE BAGS TO FAMILY MEMBER
- GIVE BAGS TO FRIENDS
- GIVE MULTIPLE BAGS TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW. FOR EXAMPLE, GIVE 3 BAGS TO 33 PEOPLE YOU KNOW INSTEAD OF GIVING 100 BAGS TO PEOPLE YOU DO NOT KNOW
- USE VENMO TO RAISE MONEY TO GO SHOPPING AND FILL A PORTION OF YOUR BAGS
- INCLUDE A PERSONAL NOTE INSIDE OF THE BAG. IT COULD BE THE REASON WHY YOU FEEL YOU WANT TO HELP PEOPLE WHO ARE LESS FORTUNATE
- OFFER PERSONAL PICK UP TIMES WHERE THE RESIDENT CAN TEXT YOU AND YOU WILL PICK UP THE BAG BEFORE SATURDAY.