Sign up as a Neighborhood Captain for our next Food Drive
Neighborhood Captain Program
WE COLLECTED & DELIVERED
443,075 POUNDS OF FOOD!!
Thank you New Jersey!
69,370 pounds of food donated!
Congratulations to our Neighborhood Captains and volunteers!
Spring date to be announced soon!
Our Neighborhood Captains
Answers Your Questions
Interview of Neighborhood Captains
Earning Charity Hours
Create and Manage your own food drive!
IT'S SO SIMPLE & IT DOES NOT COST YOU ANYTHING!
It is the Neighborhood Captain's job to manage the program from start to finish.
How it works:
- Dermer Dreams delivers the Neighborhood Captain 100 donation bags 2 weeks before the food drive.
- The student distributes the bags to whoever they want no later than 1 week before the food drive.
- The student, along with a parent or adult over 18, picks up the donations after 10 AM and delivers them to the Dermer Dreams drop site on the day of the food drive.
- Upon delivery, the student will receive a certificate for 10 Hours of Community Service.
Use the ideas below and others you come up with to create the best strategy to collect as much food as possible.
- GIVE BAGS TO FAMILY MEMBER
- GIVE BAGS TO FRIENDS
- GIVE MULTIPLE BAGS TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW. FOR EXAMPLE, GIVE 3 BAGS TO 33 PEOPLE YOU KNOW INSTEAD OF GIVING 100 BAGS TO PEOPLE YOU DO NOT KNOW
- USE VENMO TO RAISE MONEY TO GO SHOPPING AND FILL A PORTION OF YOUR BAGS
- INCLUDE A PERSONAL NOTE INSIDE OF THE BAG. IT COULD BE THE REASON WHY YOU FEEL YOU WANT TO HELP PEOPLE WHO ARE LESS FORTUNATE
- OFFER PERSONAL PICK UP TIMES WHERE THE RESIDENT CAN TEXT YOU AND YOU WILL PICK UP THE BAG BEFORE SATURDAY.